The APMG AgilePM® certification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile.
AgilePM combines flexibility with proven process for successful agile project delivery. The AgilePM guidance, developed in partnership with the Agile Business Consortium (DSDM), offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
AgilePM enables experienced Project Managers to adopt a mature, scalable corporate-strength Agile approach within their organisations. This is fully supported by an APMG-led accreditation and certification process, providing accredited training and personal certification in Agile Project Management.
The focus of agile project management is on developing solutions incrementally enabling project teams to react effectively to changing requirements, whilst empowering project personnel and encouraging increased collaboration and ownership.
AgilePM Foundation Level
The foundation AgilePM certification provides the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
AgilePM Practitioner Level
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
- AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version), or
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
The practitioner examination is in the "Objective Testing" format of scenario, question and answer booklet.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination.
What you can expect to learn
- Prepare for the AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner certification exams
- Establish and lead a successful Agile project with the methodology developed by the DSDM Consortium
- Review practical and repeatable practices for project managers in an Agile environment
- Apply Agile techniques, such as modeling, prioritizing, timeboxing, user stories, and estimating
- Manage, define, and deliver a solution acceptable to the business
- Recognise the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- Understand the lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- Comprehend the products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these
- Recognise the techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
- Appreciate how the Agile Project Management process can enable planning, management and control for predictable Agile project deliveries