There are two AgilePM Exams
- AgilePM Foundation
- AgilePM Practitioner
AgilePM Foundation Level
The foundation AgilePM certification lives up to its name by providing the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
AgilePM Foundation Exam Format
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
- Practitioner Level
AgilePM Practitioner Level
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
- AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version), or
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
The practitioner examination is in the "Objective Testing" format of scenario, question and answer booklet.
AgilePM Practitioner Exam Format
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination.
AgilePM Exam Online Option
It is possible to do both the AgilePM Foundation and Practioner examinations online using a PC.
You will need a desktop or laptop computer with reliable Internet access and a 0.35Mbps minimum continuous upload speed, a webcam which will be needed to show the room and under the examination desk (to show that there are no hidden notes or speakers that may aid you in the exam), a microphone and a valid form of ID such as a passport or a driving licence with a photograph. This APMG System Check should be taken to check whether your PC is suitable for the online examinations.
The webcam will record you taking the Foundation or Practitioner exams whilst either an invigilator watches the footage live (for Practitioner) or reviews the footage afterwards (for Foundation) to ensure that you adhered to all the regulations before a pass or fail decision is confirmed.
The regulations included, but are not confined to, the following:
- before the exam, the delegate must show their photo ID and then their face to prove their identification,
- using the webcam, the delegate must clearly show the walls, floor, ceiling and under the exam table/desk to show that their are no other people in the room or revision notes or hidden speakers,
- the delegate must remain in the room for entire exam,
- no other person must be present or enter the room,
- there must be no other programs running on the computer,
- other electronic devices in the room such as computers, TV, telephones, radios or music players must be switched off,
- no headsets, headphones, ear defenders, earphones or ear muffs can be worn during the exam.