Why Agile PM?
Agile Project Management (AgilePM) Foundation provides you with the basic fundamentals to approach a project in an Agile fashion. Agile Project Management can be used for all projects, not just IT.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provides the ability to deliver Agile projects in organizations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
AgilePM Foundation Target audience
The AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry. You should attend if you are involved in projects, currently working on, or planning to work on projects.
AgilePM Foundation Level
The foundation AgilePM certification provides the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
The Agile Project Management™ (AgilePM®) certification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile. The normal 2-day course is designed to help students develop both the know-ledge and skills required to work on an Agile project. By passing the exam, participants will receive an Agile Project Management Foundation certificate.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
Sample online exam with APMG Click here to access test exam
The normal cost for a classroom training including the exam is: €1100 or £1050 plus VAT
The cost of an online AgilePM training is about: €480 + VAT.
What is normally included in a classroom training
A normal AgilePM Foundation classroom course includes:
- Training by our APMG accredited senior AgilePM® trainer
- AgilePM® Foundation exam and certificate (on passing the exam)
- A copy of the official manual “Agile Project Management Handbook”
- The accredited course syllabus with exercises, case study and sample exams
- Coffee breaks and refreshments, lunch with your trainer, free wi-fi
Benefits of AgilePM Foundation for Individuals
Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful agile projects. Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation. Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers and gives the business ongoing visibility into what is happening. Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment. Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
AgilePM Foundation course & learning objectives
- Identify when, how and why to select AgilePM® Project Management.
- Learn how to lay the foundations for successful Agile projects.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with Agile to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Understand the different management styles needed for successful Agile projects (compared to “traditional” projects).
- Learn how Agile Project Management projects are delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Get a complete understanding of the Agile project management lifecycle, key techniques and deliverables.
- Combined with presentations, exercises and real-life examples, get a sound knowledge on how to apply Agile to all sizes of projects.
- Understand how AgilePM® complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes.
- Be ready to take the Agile Project management Foundation Exam. This exam will test your knowledge and understanding of the Agile project management framework.
Typical AgilePM Foundation course content
The Foundation AgilePM certification provides the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide. With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
The course has a balance of theory and practical experience of the techniques of Agile project management.
The course will cover:
- Fundamentals and the philosophy
- The lifecycle and products
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team structures communication
- MoSCoW and timeboxing
- Estimation and measurement
- Lifecycle configuration
- Quality and maintainability
- Planning, control and risk
- Implementing Agile Project Management
Keywords: APMG Certification, Agile Foundation, APMG Practitioner,